Best.tattoo is reader-supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Although tattoos are generally done in black or color, the importance of white ink cannot be understated. A white line here and a dot or two there has the ability to bring a tattoo to life. Then, of course, there is the new trend of all-white tattoos. No matter how you plan on using white tattoo ink, you need to use the best white tattoo ink.
To help you choose an ink that will showcase your talents and ensure your client is happy with their tattoo, read the below reviews and make sure you buy a top-quality product. But before we get to that, let’s first answer two burning questions about using white ink.
Does White Ink Fade Faster Than Black Ink?
Unfortunately the answer is yes. Sunlight or UV light are two of the big culprits when it comes to fading white ink. The good news is that some brands do make white ink that lasts longer than usual. Of course, you’re going to have to pay extra for such high-quality white tattoo ink.
You also have to keep in mind that white ink isn’t as ‘damage-resistant’ as black ink. This means that touch-ups on a white-ink tattoo is almost impossible.
Does White Ink Change Color?
Again, it comes down to the quality of the ink. If you use cheap white ink to tattoo with, you can expect that it will turn grey or yellow as it heals. White ink used on darker skin tones will turn grey or brown, while it will take on a more yellow or orange hue on lighter skin tones.
Some tattoo artists believe that it isn’t actually the ink itself that changes color, but the way our eyes see white on different shades of skin—it reflects the melanin in our skin.
Now it’s time to get to the best white tattoo ink in-depth 2021 review.
5 Best Tattoo Numbing Creams Overview
1. Power White Millennium Moms: Best-Selling
- Smooth: A homogenized carrier/pigment mixture that flows easily
- Vibrant: Highest possible pure pigment content ensures your work stands out
- Consistent: Receive the color and quality you expect, each and every time
- Long-lasting: Reliable, rich tones made to remain just as they were on day one, long after application
- Trusted: A time-tested favorite among tattoo professionals, made in the USA
The Mom’s Ink brand from Millennium Colors is a solid favorite of tattoo professionals. They produce quality products so if you buy this white tattoo ink, you can be sure you’re getting a product that won’t let you or your clients down.
Although it is a little on the pricier side, it is of superior quality and well worth the money. You can expect an ink with a smooth consistency that will take to the skin like a dream. It lasts longer than the average white ink and is truly one of the best choices for highlighting and all-white tattoos.
For many tattoo artists, Power White Millennium Moms is their go-to white tattoo ink.
- Most popular on Amazon
- Highly pigmented
- A little expensive
2. Dynamic White Tattoo Ink: High-End Option
- Pre-Dispersed Professional Tattoo Ink
- Mix Colors to Create Your Own Blends
- Made in the USA
- Never Tested on Animals
Dynamic is the high-end option on the list. Made in the good ol’ US of A, this tattoo ink is in a class of its own. It is a pre-dispersed ink that comes out smooth and delivers consistent color. Tattoo artists who use it will tell you that it handles really well on the job. Furthermore, you can mix with other ink colors to create your own shades, if you so prefer.
Another notable difference is the size of the bottle. Dynamic White Tattoo Ink comes in an 8oz bottle, which is considerably larger than other tattoo ink bottle sizes. This is something to consider when you compare prices, since this white tattoo ink is the most expensive on this list.
If you take into account its strong color and saturation, the fact that it stays vibrant, and that it is consistently regarded as the best of the best by professional tattoo artists, it’s totally worth paying extra.
- Made in the US
- Stays vibrant
- Stays white
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Very expensive (but the bottle size is 8oz)
- Fake products are widespread
3. Viking Ink White Ultra Tattoo Ink: High-Quality and Best Price
- We have been in the sector for more than 20 years manufacturing and distributing all kinds of supplies for tattoo artists: Inks, Thinners, Needle Cartridges, Stencil and Stencil Remover, Transfer Paper, Soaps, Creams, Bandages and Machines.
- Our inks are developed by the best tattoo artists, they are light, versatile, and easy to penetrate. We have developed high quality pigments, they will not lose consistency over the years.
- All our products are guaranteed by the strictest control measures in the manufacturing process. The cans have a double safety closure: Protective membrane that guarantees the sterility of the product, and a screw cap.
- We have a wide range of colors, blacks and shades. You can find them in various sizes, in savings format kits, and combos along with other of our products. We strive to offer quality products available to everyone.
- Of our products we highlight Black Dynamite, it is an intense black, it will not turn blue or green over time. The consistency is good for all types of work, adapts very well to all skin types and will delight the most demanding.
It’s always a win if you can get a great quality product at a lower price. Viking Ink White Ultra Tattoo is such a product—it’s high-quality at a very affordable price. There aren’t a lot of brands that can match this expectation.
It is highly pigmented and designed to stay white long after the tattoo has healed. No green, grey, or yellow complaints from your clients if you use this ink! What’s more, it has just the right consistency—it’s not runny at all and not too chunky either.
So, if you’re looking for a white tattoo ink of quality and one that performs, then Viking Ink is what you need in your shop.
- Stays white
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Consistency too runny
4. Kuro Sumi Samurai White Tattoo Ink: Most Trusted Brand
- VIVID COLOR AND DIMENSION - Originally formulated in Japan, Kuro Sumi tattoo inks give your tattoos life and dimension. The molecular structure of our ink provides long lasting vivid color.
- JAPANESE TRADITION– Tattoo artists around the world choose Kuro Sumi tattoo inks. We incorporate the art of Japanese tattooing and traditions handed down from generation to generation.
- SAMURAI WHITE TATTOO INK – Our Samurai white tattoo ink is vegan-friendly, and free from harmful chemicals, they are made with natural components instead. Our products are never tested on animals.
- SUPERIOR IN CONSISTENCY – Our tattoo color ink formulas incorporate organic elements and were not made not to blend, but to stand out. Superior ink consistency and bright, bold colors that go the distance.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA – Originally formulated in Japan, now made in the USA, Kuro Sumi takes the time to create the highest-quality tattoo inks by holding ourselves to the highest standards.
If you’ve been a tattoo artist for a while, you’ve probably used Kuro Sumi at some point or another. It’s been the leader of the pack for the last 10 years and it’s easy to understand why with their non-toxic ingredients and long-lasting saturation. Their white ink doesn’t disappoint either. Known as Samurai White, it is one of the best on the market.
As mentioned, it doesn’t contain any toxic ingredients and is entirely natural. It also hasn’t been tested on animals, which is a big plus for all the animal lovers out there.
When it comes to performance, you can expect a super pigmented white tattoo ink with great consistency and a bright hue. For such a high-quality and well-known product, you may expect to fork out a lot of money, but that’s not the case. Kuro Sui Samurai White is one of the more affordable inks on the list. You really can’t go wrong with this one!
- Super pigmented
- High-quality performance
- Great consistency
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- The bottle is easily damaged
5. StarBite Colors Tattoo Ink Brite White: Best Packaging
- Pre-dispersed ink with thin consistency
- Vegan-friendly; iron and nickel free
- Sterilized and tested in accordance with current regulations
- Manufactured in Connecticut, USA by Tommy’s Supplies
StarBite has been around for years, and they’re known for high-quality ink. Add to that the fact that you won’t have to spend a fortune, and this may just be the white tattoo ink for you.
Of all the inks listed, the packaging is something worth mentioning. The bottle comes sterilized, irradiated and sealed tight. Also, not only does it have a long expiry date, but it is just as long-lasting on the skin. As with Dynamic, you can use it to highlight, all-white tattoos, or to blend with other colors to get your perfect shade.
You won’t regret buying your white tattoo ink from this recognized leader in the industry.
- Made in the US
- Bold white
- Sterilized and irradiated
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Consistency is a little watery
Is White Ink Worth It?
Any tattoo artist worth their ink will tell you that white ink is an absolute necessity. Good-quality white tattoo ink, that is!
If you don’t have white in your kit, your clients will leave with flat tattoos and your reputation may suffer.
We do have to mention that all-white tattoos are tricky to do, and it should best be left to seasoned tattoo artists and not beginners. One of the main reasons is the consistency of high-quality white tattoo ink. It is usually a little thicker than other ink and needs to be thinned down. However, if you thin it down too much, it is useless. You also need to understand how white ink performs on different skin tones, so wait until you have enough experience before you offer to do tattoos that only contain white.
After reading this in-depth guide of the best white ink on the market, you’re ready to do your greatest work with a little something extra to make your tattoos stand out. As always, we recommend you buy vegan and cruelty-free ink. Not only were animals kept out of harm’s way, but these tattoo inks also usually don’t contain toxic chemicals that can cause problems for your clients.