Best.tattoo is reader-supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Stick-and-poke tattoos are done without a machine. Tattoo artists will apply ink to the skin by attaching a needle to something to keep it steady; much like a pen.
It is a simple method of tattooing but still offers superior results if done by a professional tattoo artist. Probably one of the best advantages of stick-and-poke tattoos is that you don’t need to invest in an expensive tattoo gun and stick-and-poke tattoo kits are fairly low-cost.
If you’re wondering if you’ll be left with a dodgy tattoo, should you go for a stick-and-poke tattoo, you don’t have to. Although these tattoos are usually simpler in design, in the hands of the right tattoo artist, even intricate designs can be done using this method.
Advantages of Getting a Stick-and-Poke Tattoo
- It’s cordless
- It’s simple and easy to use
- It’s convenient
- It’s inexpensive
- It’s less invasive
- It heals faster
Does It Hurt?
It does. Although it is less harsh on the skin than machine tattoos, there is still pain involved.
As with any tattoo, placement, design, and a person’s pain tolerance all play a role in the sting of stick-and-poke tattoos.
Some say this method of tattooing is much less painful while others are steadfast in their belief that it hurts much more. In the end, it comes down to if you want one needle to move at a moderately slow pace into your skin or if you prefer a bunch of needles at once and at a faster speed.
Okay, so now that you know what stick-and-poke tattoos are, it is time to look at the six best stick-and-poke tattoo kits reviewed in 2023.
4 Best Stick-and-Poke Tattoo Kits overview
Five Best Stick-and-Poke Tattoo Kits
1. Dragonhawk Poke Tattoo Kit: Overall Top Pick
It doesn’t matter if you’re a newbie artist or an established professional tattoo artist; this do-it-yourself tattoo kit is an incredible choice.
The main reason why this stick-and-poke tattoo kit made our list is because of the pen. It is ultralight and only weighs 10 grams. What’s more, it is designed with tattoo artists in mind using advanced 3D printing technology. The poke pen is durable and compatible with various tattoo needles. The needle holder will ensure you get the stroke length you need no matter your skill level.
If you’re looking for a pen that will give you maximum control thanks to its innovative three-stage buckle mechanism and grip, then the Dragonhawk poke tattoo kit is for you.
Furthermore, this hand poke tattoo kit is safe and hygienic and contains everything you need to successfully tattoo your customers. You’ll get the poke pen, gauze, stencil and transfer paper, needles, bandage wrap, and black tattoo ink with ink cups.
The whole kit is so lightweight, you can travel with it anywhere so that you can practice your craft anytime and anywhere.
Finally, the Dragonhawk Stick and Poke Tattoo Kit is so light and easy to carry around in the bag that you can practice your tattoo techniques anytime and anywhere.
Why buy this stick-and-poke tattoo kit?
- It’s easy to use.
- Contains everything you need to start.
- Poke pen is of great quality.
- The kit is lightweight and easy to carry.
2. Looney Zoo Premium Hand Poke Tattoo Kit: Designed by Tattoo Artists
This stick and poke tattoo kit is one of the best on the market. What gives it an extra edge is that it is designed by professional tattoo artists, so you know you’re getting something that does what it’s supposed to do: create beautiful tattoos on your customers.
The instructions inside the kit are detailed and thorough, which means if you’re new to stick and poke tattoos, you’ll be good to go after reading the instructions.
This do-it-yourself tattoo kit comes with the best stick-and-poke tattoo needles, medical tape roll and cloth sheets, popsicle sticks, latex gloves, black tattoo ink and ink cups, and other essentials. One downside is that the kit doesn’t include disinfectant soap solutions.
The designers of the Looney Zoo Stick and Poke Kit wanted to develop only the best for their fellow tattoo artists. They set out to deliver a stick-and-poke tattoo kit filled with professional equipment and succeeded! It’s perfect for any discerning tattoo artist to get started and make a name for themselves.
Why buy this stick-and-poke tattoo kit?
- It’s designed by professional tattoo artists.
- It comes with detailed step-by-step instructions.
- It is budget-friendly.
3. STIGMA Poke and Stick Tattoo Kit: Great for Beginners
- Include——poke and stick tattoo pen, tattoo marker, razor, tattoo ink caps with base, transfer paper, 0.5oz tattoo lining black ink, 20pcs tattoo needles, tattoo needle nipples, 2 pair of disposable gloves, Disposable Dental Bibs Sheets Cloths, tattoo grip wrap, tattoo blue soap.
- USE —— Use tattoo paper to paste the desired pattern onto the skin. Get everything prepared, like poke pen, tattoo needles, tattoo grip wrap. Then fix the tattoo needle on the stick poke pen and wrap it with a bandage to further fix it to prevent slippage, And get start with poking.
- Material——Three-stage Buckle Design, Hand poke pen made from strong aluminum alloy material. Safe, Sturdy,Re-usable.
- Advantage——No need adjust needles, Ensures the most suitable length of the stroke, more fast and easy coloring. The Pen is extra-lightweight, pencil shaped, easy to assemble and highly accessible.
- Convenience——The hand sticks poke tattoo kit is lightweight and easy to carry, you can use poke tattoo kit to practice your tattoo technique at any time
You get a lot of different ways to do stick-and-poke tattoos—from taping a needle to a stick, right through to pens designed specifically for this method of tattooing.
When you want a stick-and-poke tattoo kit that will scream “I’m a professional,” then this kit is the one for you. The pen is safe and sturdy since it is made from aluminum alloy. Its three-stage buckle design makes it stable, which means it is easier to control and will deliver precision tattoos time and time again. What’s more, it’s easy to assemble and reusable.
The only drawback of this stick and poke kit is the limited needle types included, as well as the fact that it is hard to tell the size of the needle you’re holding in your hand thanks to the wrapping they come in. However, the overall quality of this kit makes pulling out a magnifying glass to discover the size of the needles worth the trouble.
You should buy this stick and poke tattoo kit because:
- It is made from strong aluminum alloy material.
- You can use any standard type of tattoo needle on it and know that it will attach safely and securely.
- It offers more control, so is perfect for beginners.
4. Solong Professional Tattoo Poke and Stick Tattoo Kit: Most Trusted Brand
- Complete professional hand stick poke pen tattoo kit is a good choice for beginners, learners, tatoo artists. Hand sticks poke tattoo kit is the easiest to use tattoo kit.The hand sticks poke tattoo kit is lightweight and easy to carry, you can use poke tattoo kit to practice your tattoo technique at any time.
- 1pcs 3D printing technique poke pen; 20pcs mixed tattoo needles(Different size 304 Stainless steel tattoo tips, size #12 3RL/5pcs ,#12 5RL/5pcs, #12 3RS/5pcs. #12 5RS/5pcs), 7pcs 5ml tattoo inks, 30pcs tattoo ink cups, 10pcs grommets, 1pcs black grip wrap, one pairs of large-szied gloves,1pcs practice skin,20pcs mixed-color grommets.
- 3D printing reusable plastic. Buckle Design, Hand poke pen made from strong and safe plastic material. Safe, Sturdy,Re-usable.No need cut long needles, Ensures the most suitable length of the stroke, more fast and easy coloring.
- First of all, find a pattern you want. Get everything prepared, and put all the tattoo supplies that might be used during tattooing on the table. Then get start with poking. Please refer to our user manual for further details.
- Solong is a tattoo equipment manufacture over 10 years. With the experience, we know what tattoo artists and amateurs' need.One year warranty for the hand poke pen. Lifetime after-sale service.
Solong has been in the tattoo equipment manufacturing game for over 10 years. Given this level of experience, you can rest assured that they know what you need—whether you’re a pro artist or only starting out. To show you that they’re confident in their ability to give any tattoo artist just what they need, you get a one year warranty for the pen and lifetime after-sales service, as well!
Their 3D-printed hand poke pen is made from high-density parts and has a strong structure. It is biocompatibility certified, which means it comes with both USP Class I-VI and US FDA guidance ticks of approval for skin surface devices. The pen is also reusable, but even more importantly, set-up in such a way that you can count on getting the most suitable length of stroke again and again.
This hand poke tattoo kit is lightweight, making it easy to travel with and set up your station anywhere and any time.
Why buy this do it yourself tattoo kit?
- Manufactured by a trusted brand.
- Kit is lightweight and easy to travel with.
- Approved by FDA as a suitable skin surface device.
5. Wormhole Poke and Stick Tattoo Kit: Most Comprehensive Kit
- Package Includes: This Wormhole Tattoo Kit includes all tattoo tools that you need to complete a simple tattoo. You can make your own tattoo at home.
- Great Design Pen: This manual tattoo pen has a smooth shape, particularly comfortable to hold. Just like using a real pen. The manual tattoo pen makes tattoo more controllable.
- Most Suitable for: This tattoo kit is suitable for tattooing simple patterns like Letters, numbers, and simple lines; restorative for fading existing tattoos.
- Easier to Use: After installing the tattoo needle, the tattoo nipple and wrapping the tattoo grip bandage, the tattoo kit is fully set up.
- About Wormhole Tattoo Service: If you have any problems with the manual tattoo kit or have any suggestions, please feel free to contact us at any time. We will help you solve your problems as soon as possible.
If you’re looking to buy a stick-and-poke kit, Amazon stocks one of the most comprehensive kits you can find. It not only contains a stick-and-poke tattoo pen, needles and other basic tattoo equipment like nipples, caps, etc., but comes with transfer paper, ink, disposable gloves, dental bib sheet cloths, practice skin, tattoo goo, tattoo patterns, grip wrap, and more!
Wormhole needles need special mention. You can count on getting high-quality 316 medical stainless steel needles that have sharp tips and are burr-free. Each needle is inspected with a microscope to make sure it is up to their quality standards. After getting their seal of approval, each needle is packaged and sterilized individually.
You can also expect great customer service from Wormhole—they encourage their customers to contact them if they have any questions or suggestions.
Why is Wormhole the stick-and-poke kit for you?
- It contains almost everything you need to start tattooing.
- Their needles are top-quality.
- Customer service is excellent.
It’s very likely that all the old-timer professional tattoo artists first learned their craft using the stick-and-poke method. It is the most traditional way to do tattoos and is perfect if you’re a no-fuss kind of person. All you need is a needle and some other basic tattoo gear and you’re ready to go. There aren’t any complicated adjustments you need to make, which make stick-and-poke tattoos a good choice for beginners.
You can create basic designs or try your hand at more intricate tattoos—it all depends on your level of skill and how far you’re willing to push yourself. In the end, whether your client wants a minimalistic design or a more detailed piece, stick-and-poke tattoos offer them a one-of-a-kind experience.
As always, find a reputable artist who is familiar with doing stick-and-poke tattoos and who makes use of only the best stick-and-poke tattoo supplies—high-quality, sterile, and good ink are what you’re looking for.